RAIDH - Réseau d’Alerte et d’Intervention pour les Droits de l’Homme
Bouton menu

Taser : Un homme de 22 ans meurt après avoir été electrocuté (Etats-Unis)

Selon le Denver Post, un homme de 22 ans, suspecté de trafic de drogue qui tentait d’échapper à la police est mort après avoir été électrocuté par un Taser par un policier. Une enquête est en cours.

Cette arme est sur le point d’équiper de 3000 à 6000 policiers en France. RAIDH dénonce les dangers de cette arme dans le cadre d’une campagne en cours.

Source :, 6 Aôut 2006

Suspect dies after struck by Taser

Police said the Boulder County man, 22, ran from officers during a drug operation.

By Kirk Mitchell
Denver Post Staff Writer

A suspect in a drug-dealing operation who ran away from police died after a police officer chased him down and shot him with a Taser, authorities said.

The 22-year-old Boulder County resident stopped breathing and was taken to a Lafayette hospital but was pronounced dead about 8 p.m. Friday, Lafayette police Sgt. Fred Palmer said in a news release.

Authorities have not released the man’s name pending notification of his family.

On Saturday, the suspect’s uncle questioned the use of the Taser by police.

"He’s not a very intimidating kid," the uncle said. "The end result in this case just doesn’t fit the crime."

The Boulder Drug Task Force and Louisville police were working on a drug operation when the suspect started running about 7 p.m. near Paschel Drive and Waneka Lake, Palmer said.

A Lafayette police officer spotted the suspect in a field north of South Boulder Road and started to chase him in his squad car, he said.

The officer drove in front of the suspect, got out of the patrol car and ordered the man to stop, Palmer said.

The suspect kept running as the officer yelled at him to stop. After a short foot chase, the suspect turned around and took an aggressive stance when the police officer fired the Taser, Palmer said.

The suspect collapsed, Palmer said. He was taken to Exempla Good Samaritan Medical Center in Lafayette.

The suspect’s uncle, who did not want to give his name until all family members were notified, said his nephew was an unemployed plumber who had a few run-ins with the law.

He was about 6 feet tall and 130 pounds, the uncle said.

The cause of death is under investigation, Palmer said.

Lafayette police did not return phone calls for comment. It was not known what action, if any, was taken against the officer who fired the Taser.

RAIDH - Réseau d’Alerte et d’Intervention pour les Droits de l’Homme